Sunday, June 22, 2008

This Weekend...

Saturday I went to my niece's T-ball practice and my son also wanted to join T-Ball and fortunately, they had room for him so he'll be starting T-Ball practice this coming week. He's excited about that!


Nothing much besides going to the park with my son and my niece's T-Ball practice happened on Saturday so I got scrapping later in the afternoon.

I had this piece of lace at home that I cut up into squares and decided to try out a piece on this page.





I'm beginning to try out many things and beginning to see things such as, tickets, price tags, paper and candy wrappings, jar wrappers, cereal boxes and just about anything in a new way. I'm starting to see unusual, odd stuff, and sometimes garbage in useful, recycled ways for my journals and scraps. I feel I'm developing an eye for these odd things and when I see these either in the floor, supermarkets, stores, I wonder how I could use them in my next pages!


Anyways, yesterday was my birthday! It didn't start out very nice but as the day progressed I began feeling much better. And it had nothing to do with me turning older, seriously... I thought my kids and hubby had forgotten about it but later that evening they had a surprise cake for me when I got home from church. I don't know what it is about me but I've always felt a little melancholic when is my birthday. And I promise it has nothing to do with me turning older. For me, each year is a year of new promises, new dreams and hopes. A new year to develop in a personal level, to reflect and to grow wiser. A new day to be happy and thankful for all the blessings and wonderful things that have come along with the years.

Yes, there's also many not so great things that come to us every year like, heart breaks, discouragements, tears, fears, but there's also many wonderful things in our lives to be thankful for and happy about. The joy of life, the opportunities we get everyday to grow, become better human beings, to live, to be inspired, to be free, to love, to be loved, to dream big and to remember that our life is a journey and many wonderful things awaits for us in the future!
I feel great and honestly I don't feel this old! lol... I have a young spirit. Somehow I'm always with the younger crowd not intentionally, though, lol, my daughter hates that! lol! You know? Turning 35 is not that bad, it actually feels good!

One last thing I would like to share with you guys is that I will be opening a photo blog very soon. I will be blogging only my photography there. I'm just waiting to get my camera. I'm getting so desperate now! Really! I want my camera so bad.... but can't afford it yet. Soon though, I hope! He he he. I have so many ideas in mind already. I can't wait to get to them. But anyway, going back to the photo blog, I'll keep you posted on that later on. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read!

No comments: